Any errors in the application procedure shall be source of expensive setbacks in the NMC license registration procedure.
Before making your application, you need to ensure that you meet certain eligibility criteria such as being:
You must provide the NMC with:
- Emirates ID and residency visa
- Registered tenancy contract or title deed
- Trade Company or freelancer license if you have apply as such.
The NMC social media influencer license in Dubai is an e-license.
There are 3 types of NMC License, depending on the number of people that appears in the content and not on the number of people involved in editing and uploading:
1.Cqtegory1: The individual license, for content creators who work alone to produce their work on social media as completely independent social media influencers even if they have editors and managers as long as they do not appear in their videos.
2. Category 2: The partnership license, for two influencers creating their content and uploading them together on social media.
3. Category 3: The agency license, for a company where several people create content under a single brand name. It covers small groups of influencers who want to set up a company, holding a trade license together. This option is less expensive than Category 1 and 2 licenses.
Finally, NMC proposes a last option to sign up with one of the official Dubai social media influencer agencies already certified by the National Media Council. They have a license covering all their influencers. The drawback, of course, is that you may have less control over what content you promote.